Nvidia hat einen Grafikkartentreiber für Linux überarbeitet und in Version 331.13 als Betaversion bereitgestellt.
- Fixed a bug that caused the X server to fail to initialize when DisplayPort 1.2 monitors were assigned to separate X screens on the same GPU.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a deadlock when forking from OpenGL programs which use some malloc implementations, such as TCMalloc.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Warp & Blend settings from being retained across display configuration changes.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some settings changes made via the nvidia-settings command line interface from being reflected in the nvidia-settings graphical user interface.
- Changed the clipping behavior of the NVIDIA X driver on Trapezoids and Triangles for some RENDER operations to match the behavior in newer versions of Pixman:
- Fixed a bug in MetaMode tracking that could cause spurious error messages to be printed when attempting to add or delete Metamodes via NV-CONTROL.
- Fixed a bug that caused the NVIDIA X driver to attempt to load the X11 „shadow“ module unconditionally, even in situations where the driver had no need to use the module. This could result in the printing of spurious error messages, on X servers where the module was not present.
- Fixed a bug that prevented display configuration changes made with xvidtune(1) from working correctly.
- Fixed a bug that occasionally caused display corruption in GLX applications while changing the display configuration.
- Fixed a bug that prevented glReadPixels from working correctly when reading from Pixel Buffer Objects over indirect rendering, when the image width is not a multiple of 4.
- Added a new NV-CONTROL attribute, NV_CTRL_BACKLIGHT_BRIGHTNESS, for controlling backlight brightness.
- Fixed a bug that prevented nvidia-settings from creating display device configuration pages for newly connected DisplayPort 1.2 Multi Stream Transport downstream devices.
- Added GPU utilization reporting to the nvidia-settings control panel.
- Fixed a bug in the nvidia-settings control panel that prevented users from configuring stereo, when stereo was not already configured.
- Added support for reporting the tachometer-measured fan speed on capable graphics boards via nvidia-settings and the NV-CONTROL API. The preexisting mechanism for reporting fan speed reports the speed of the fan as programmed by the driver. For example, `nvidia-settings –query=[fan:0]/GPUCurrentFanSpeedRPM`.
- Fixed a regression that caused GPUs that do not support graphics to not appear in nvidia-settings.
- Fixed a bug that caused DisplayPort 1.2 multi-stream devices to stop working if they were unplugged and plugged back in while they were active in the current MetaMode.
- Added support for multiple NVIDIA kernel modules. This feature allows users to assign different GPUs in the system to different NVIDIA kernel modules, potentially reducing the software overhead of coordinating access to multiple GPUs.
- Added support for the EGL API on 32-bit platforms. Currently, the supported client APIs are OpenGL ES 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0, and the only supported window system backend is X11.
- Add a new option, AllowEmptyInitialConfiguration, which allows the X server to start even if no connected display devices are detected at startup. This option can be enabled by running „sudo nvidia-xconfig –allow-empty-initial-configuration“
- This option is useful in RandR 1.4 display offload configurations where no display devices are connected to the NVIDIA GPU when the X server is started, but might be connected later.
- Updated nvidia-installer to provide a scrollable text area for displaying messages from the /usr/lib/nvidia/alternate-install-present and /usr/lib/nvidia/alternate-install-available distro hook files. This allows for longer messages to be provided in these files.
- Updated nvidia-installer to avoid recursing into the per-kernel „build“ and „source“ directories when searching for conflicting kernel modules in /lib/modules.
- Added a system memory cache to improve the performance of certain X rendering operations that use software rendering fallbacks. The X configuration option „SoftwareRenderCacheSize“ may be used to configure the size of the cache.
- Removed the „DynamicTwinView“ X configuration option: dynamic reconfiguration of displays is always possible, and can no longer be disabled.
- Fixed a bug that caused nvidia-settings to display incorrect information in its display configuration page when all displays on an X screen were turned off.
- Updated nvidia-installer to only install the libraries libvdpau and libvdpau_trace if an existing installation of libvdpau is not detected on the system. This behavior can be overridden with the –install-vdpau-wrapper and –no-install-vdpau-wrapper options.