AMD/ATi hat den die Juli-Ausgabe seines monatlichen Catalyst-Treibers veröffentlicht. Große Änderungen wurden diesmal nicht vorgenommen, aber natürlich gibt es wieder Optimierungen bei manchen Spielen und Programmen.
Änderungen beim Vista-Treiber:
- Installing the display driver under the Windows Vista operating system no longer results in the display resolutions of 1680×1050, 1800×1440, 1920×1080 and 1920×1200 not being available when using an analog CRT display device.
- IL2 Sturmovik->Forgotten Battles: Setting the in-game hardware options to custom and landscape detail to perfect no longer results in the water textures appearing corrupt when playing the game under the Windows Vista operating system.
- Quake 4: Playing the game with CrossFire enabled no longer result in corruption being noticed after a short time of game play.
- The Overdrive™ clocks no longer fails to revert back to the default settings and the Apply and Discard buttons no longer become enabled when changing the clock settings for both the primary and secondary display devices.
- Playing a DVD using either WinDVD or PowerDVD no longer results in corruption being noticed if the players is rotated to any position other than landscape.
- Connecting a secondary display device and enabling extended desktop mode no longer results in changes being made to the secondary display device being reflected on the primary display device.
- Setting UMA to 512MB and enabling AERO no longer results in screen corruption being noticed when booting up Windows Vista on systems containing an ATI Radeon X1200/1250 series of product.
- Enabling DXVA no longer results in a slow response time being noticed when playing a DVD on a system running Windows Vista and containing an ATI Radeon Xpress 1200/1250 series of product.
- An error message is no longer reported when attempting to enable CrossFire on a system containing the Intel Gen2 chipset.
- Playing an HD DVD and attempting to do a random seek or change to a different chapter of the movie no longer results in corruption being noticed.
- Armed Assault: A handle count leak is no longer noticed during game play in Task Manager.
- The system no longer become unresponsive and require a reboot while randomly moving Video Player window from primary to extended desktop under certain hardware configurations where the second adapter is an ATI Radeon X1200/1250/1270 series of product.
- Connecting a secondary display device followed by enabling extended desktop mode no longer results in a VPU Recover occurring when playing a DVD on the secondary display device using WinDVD.
- The PAL-M and NTSC-J are no longer missing from TV-format list found in the ATI Catalyst Control Center.